Hey you guys! What is up?! I’ve decided to make a rare appearance again here at the ‘ol blog because it has been way too long and also because I am finally feeling well enough to check in. I just had my second cataract surgery on the 18th and sadly it was not without complication. I developed an infection and, since I had previously done the other eye, it took a while to regain enough vision to do things like go for walks and cook meals (unless I had a paper recipe, it was so hard to read things on my phone, tablet, or computer). I haven’t driven yet since the second surgery and will take it easy there since my vision is still cloudy in both eyes. But! The good news is that I can actually freaking see out of my eyeballs without contacts or glasses. That is truly astounding, considering the vision I had going in (the highest my eye doctor had ever performed surgery on).So I’m back. And I feel like I’ve missed a buttload of shit. Beautiful things like the changing of the leaves and cider donuts and Mila coming into her own little spitfire personality but also shorter days and absolute garbage headlines from Kanye being a fucking asshat and election coverage nonsense. I am still wading through a mountain of work emails, but trying not to push too hard and do what I can. I will say my entire small company stepped up to help out and you know what? Everything was handled in my absence. But I think I was missed, too 😊 So here we are and there is much to be grateful for so let’s dive in, shall we?
- A good check in at the eye doctor. I’m making progress though it’s slow and at times completely frustrating. The likelihood that I’ll be able to see perfectly at my brothers wedding in New Orleans next month is not too likely and I’m not sure I can wear contacts since my eyes will still be healing from surgery. But the hard part is mostly over. Let’s not think about the repeat surgery I’ll need done in January, mmmkay?
- I did manage to cook some meals this week and I’ve really missed that. As it turns out, I’m a creature of habit and having this disruption in my regularly scheduled programming threw me off, and quite frankly, depressed the shit out of me. So glad to have made it over that hump
- Dahmer. What does it say about me that I love programs about serial killers? This one is a bit slow moving and some scenes made me absolutely sick to my stomach but I can’t believe this was an actual headline in my lifetime
- My dear wonderful sweet friend Heather who took me to all of my recent appointments, brought me to Target so I could pick up my medication and do some food shopping for the week. She is just an incredible support system with Mila and I honestly don’t know where I would have been without her these past few weeks
- Autumn in New Jersey. There’s absolutely nowhere I’d rather be this time of year. Truly. Even the trees in our backyard are just magnificent
- RHOBH reunion. What. In the everloving hell is happening on that show. I dunno both sides but I’m leaning towards team Kathy. Erica and Lisa have been not very nice this season
- Completing Mila and Milos Halloween costumes. I feel like Milo’s is about two sizes too small so we may need to make some adjustments there but Omg is it ever funny. They are going to be super cute together this year, per usual ❤️