Good morning (or afternoon, when I finally publish this thing!), my friends. How was the week, and what’s on tap for the weekend? We are going to take full advantage of the beautiful weather (upwards of 90! Okay, so that’s a bit hot. But I’ll take it!) and we’ve talked about possibly visiting the local farm for fresh apple strudel sticks (for us) and goat milk (for Mila). We’ve moved her on to whole milk and I’m not crazy about giving it to her, to be honest. It seems to be settling more now but I notice a difference when she’s drinking goat’s milk and I think it’s much easier on her tummy. We also might visit our local clubhouse and enjoy some drinks at sunset, when hopefully the breeze kicks up. Oh! And I think we’re dining outdoors tonight at a restaurant ’round the corner since they have a fully stocked bar and yummy eats. Yay for warmer weather!
It’s been a weird week. It started out rocky; Bryan and I hit a turbulent bump in our relationship and it was deeply upsetting. We’ve been working through some stuff and I’m grateful for it. He’s not always the best communicator but it does mean a lot to me when he talks to me about his feelings since I know that doesn’t come easy for him. That said, I also think it’s time we put our relationship on the front burner again and get outside our heads a bit. Life is weird still. Navigating parenthood also strange. But some version of normal is out there and we’re trying our best to find it again 🙂
But there were some happy moments that happened and I’d like to honor them. What’s on your happy list?
- Last weekend we participated in our town-wide garage sale. To be honest, I’ll never do that again lol. I’m not a fan of haggling and I just want it all out of my house but I made some $ and got rid of some stuffs so I consider it a win
- This pop-up tent which we’ve been using a lot with Mila. She loves to be out in the sun and is content to play with all of her toys in it
- This girl on Instagram. And in particular, this post
- Snacks. Like this, best served with pretzel slims. Mmm…
- Feeling a bit more inspired lately with my writing
- Work bouncing back a bit. The past few weeks have been VERY stressful, but it seems like we’re rounding a corner and things are picking up
- This little dinosaur shirt my mom picked up for Mila (I realize it’s actually a “boys” shirt but I hate that shit and do not care what gender our child’s clothing is. And also I’m over princess pink everything lol). Forgive the blurry photo!
- Walks around the hood and all of our friendly neighbors
- Sunshine-filled days and my little sunshine