This was a really REALLY long week. Anyone else? Regardless, we’ve almost made it to the finish line and there are a lot of things to be grateful for today. Let’s dive in to this week’s happy, shall we?
- Dose #2 is in the books! It feels so so good to almost return to normalcy. I know there is the two-week wait period and I plan on taking the same precautions as before, but it feels good to know that we are where we are NOW considering where we were a year ago <3 Also I think it’s important to focus on the positives. Sure, some people will reject the vaccine, but worrying about them does nothing but add to our stress level. I’d much rather celebrate how many of us are vaccinated now
- Another unintentional bloggy break this week. I didn’t know I would take one, but I honestly just ran out of things to say. I feel quite unapologetic about it
- Time outside and busting out the fancy stroller (we have a beater stroller that Bryan’s mom got for free that we typically take when we go for walks around the block but nothing beats the Uppababy. It’s not the cheapest, but maneuvering it is a dream
- Mother’s Day. Can I be real for a minute? It’s not my favorite holiday. I felt really fucking sad last year but this year was better because I treated myself to some things I wanted and tried not to get swept up in unrealistic expectations. I had a little meltdown and you know what? That’s okay! I think it’s good to live in our feelings, even when those feelings are sad–and I want to teach Mila when she’s older that she can totally have not-so-good-very-bad days <3
- A trip to a local farm and a visit with some animals
- The beautiful Coach wallet and bag–gifts from my mom for Mother’s Day. They are both beautiful and I’ll take photos soon
How was your Mother’s Day and week and how is life and everything in between? Let me know in the comments, and hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!