My sweet baby girl turns one today! I can barely believe it’s been a year since I went in to see my doctor for a routine checkup and ended up delivering a 6 pound 9 ounce baby girl just hours later via C-section. There’s obviously more to the story than just that–I had elevated blood pressure that morning (likely due to stress, likely caused by the pandemic) but the most important thing is that our sweet little peanut is happy and healthy and thriving. I’m feeling all kinds of emotions this week—but more than ever I now get the “blink and you miss it” nostalgia everyone told me about. Which is weird because in those early days I was so sleep deprived I just wanted to move along to the next phase. I think that’s common but it still sucks. I miss her at that teeny tiny stage of life! But then I also don’t. It’s all weird lol.
Anyway, I’m going to keep today’s list of gratitude short and very sweet. And I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and Easter ahead of you! Drop your gratitude links in the comments and I’ll return the favor. Sending much love to you all, my sweet ones. Here’s my happy.
- Going through pictures and videos from a year ago and seeing how much Mila has changed
- The sweet onesies that came in the mail this week (one of them is pictured below). I’m keeping the other one a surprise because we are going to have pro photos taken next week with a smash cake but OMG it is so cute. Also apparently I ordered it and forgot and then it arrived and I was all, “WHO IS FUCKING WITH ME? THIS IS PERFECT!!” because I have the memory of a goldfish
- Getting to see Bryan’s sister last night (it has been SO long) and my family this weekend <3
- The adorable wooden race car ramp Bryan and I picked out for Mila’s birthday
- Finishing a book I hated (lol, seriously this felt like a big accomplishment)
- My friends
- The adorable books, framed photo of Mila and Milo, and puppet my bestie sent for Mila’s birthday
- This YouTube channel about murder and mysteries that is SO FRIGGIN FASCINATING and you should go check her out now
- Sunshine-y walks