What’s up, my sweet friends?! Welcome to My Pixie Blog and my first official post of 2020. So far, I feel… pretty much the same as I did towards the end of 2019 🙂 But that’s okay. Sometimes status quo is perfectly fine. There are going to be a lot of changes in my life this coming year (nothing could overshadow the fact that our rainbow baby will be here in just a few short months!) and there is a lot of excitement and first-time-parenthood-jitters that Bryan and I are both currently facing.
I have another post in the works about having anxiety while pregnant, which has (to be completely frank) presented it’s own set of challenges, BUT today is dedicated to weekly gratitude which you have come to expect from me each Friday 🙂 Please join my cohosts Lindsay and Beth as we dive into some of the happy moments from the week gone by. Let’s kick things off!
- Getting to see old friends and Phish at MSG! Had an amazing time and baby kicked the whole way through (I think she liked it!)
- Late nights roaming the aisles of Target (ha!)
- Good eats
- Related: homemade chili. I’ve really missed cooking and have not been taking care of self these past few weeks (because holidays and cookies happened) so it’s nice to stuck up on healthy foods and play around in the kitchen again
- Reading Hearts Unbroken from my dear blogger friend Lisa Thomson (check it out on Goodreads!)
- Making it through the countdown. Just before midnight Bryan and I discussed some of our goals and fears for 2020. i have high hopes about this year in particular
- Getting a personalized children’s book that features our old pal (no longer with us) Buster ❤️ I made it to the last page of the book and sobbed and was just SO incredibly touched. To lighten the mood, Bryan said that maybe he should read it to the baby LOL (I’ll feature that in a follow-up post–it was such a thoughtful gift!)
- a delicious Italian dinner with Bryan’s mom and sister (she was in town from Oklahoma)
- Bump is growing! *this pic is for you, Lindsay 🙂