(Thanks to the ever amazing and always funny Jimmy Fallon, who takes credit for the image above. He recently made the comparison of Donald Trump to an upside down candy corn. See it now?)
For obvious reasons, I’ve shied away from discussing politics on this blog because that’s not why this space was created. But it’s impossible to ignore what’s happening in our country, and if I’m being honest, social media has been turning me off lately with the constant fighting. I’ve kept relatively quite, but after the leaked video I decided to pen a blog post dedicated to just a few reasons a candidate like Drumpf will never receive my vote.
- I’m a woman.
- I could never in good faith support a candidate who perpetuates a hands-off approach to rape culture in America. I’m saddened that you didn’t use the Sunday night debate as an opportunity to apologize sincerely for your reprehensible actions and that you didn’t address a real issue in this country (and on college campuses, as evidenced by the recent Brock Turner case). You could have set an example by admitting the error of your ways and your despicable words to grab a woman by the pussy. Simply typing that phrase disgusts me to my core–we are neither property nor are we here for your amusement and objectification, Mr. Trump
- It seems too obvious but in addition to obviously being a misogynist, you are a venomous racist, a hateful bigot, and a clear homophobe. In all fairness, you appear to be an equal-opportunity bully since no one is spared by your mean tweets and insensitive drivel
- It appears that you and your running mate differ in how you’d like to handle major foreign policy issues, which doesn’t do much to instill faith in the voting public. This is why it’s a good idea to come prepared to a debate
- You have personally slighted one of my family members and stiffed him thousands of dollars after he worked alongside your wife tirelessly. I’m more than happy to pass along his contact information if you’d like to attempt to make good
- You seem to take great issue with the healthcare plan currently in place which has made it possible for small business owners like myself to prosper without high copayments and insurance rates. I’m very curious as to the changes you’d like to make to this “disastrous” plan that has allowed me to visit all of the same providers I had when I worked in corporate. Again, missed opportunity to tell the American people your plan for the future of healthcare
- And while we’re on the topic of our future (which is really starting to look very bleak), I’m really unsure as to what that looks like under your leadership (though frankly, I’m terrified considering your clear dislike of anyone who disagrees with your ideas). Do you ship anyone out who takes issue with your stances? And your idea for Muslims to say something if they see something will create a level of mistrust within hard-working communities. What the crap is that? “My neighbor is brown and he’s up to something funny.” Does that thinking sound rational to anyone? I’m glad to know that one of your focus points will be to imprison your running mate, however </sarcasm>
And I’m out. After months of staying quiet while I allowed pro-Trump messages to flood my feed, I’ve finally had enough. Pray for us in November.