With just two months left of our lease, the question remains: should we stay or should we go? I question things I never thought of previously, like, if we were to add on to a family, how long could we live here in theory before we all killed each other? Or how many square feet do I need so that working from home doesn’t feel so claustrophobic? And, is there a rental anywhere in Montclair with backyard space that doesn’t have a strict no-dog policy? What the crap is that??
In other news, I recently received a Liebster Award from Laura over at We Really Got This and can’t thank her enough. I invite you all to join in and answer the same questions (these were fun!).
- Why did you decide to start blogging? Most of you know the story by now, so I’ll keep it short and sweet. Broke up with a longterm bf and wanted to write about being on the cusp of 30 and having to start over. I had the idea to create this blog while on a trip to Hawaii in 2009 and I haven’t stopped since!
- Who has influenced you most and why? As cliche as it sounds, my momma. She is the strongest, fiercest woman I know. Many people can say they really don’t care what people think of them–but my mom truly lives and breathes this. I have seen her punch through glass, y’all. She is amazing.
- Where have you always wanted to travel? Uhm, everywhere 🙂 As soon as I return from one vacation, my mind starts racing to plan the next. At the moment, I flip-flop between India, Thailand, Greece, and Australia. One day I’ll get to Claude Monet’s gardens in Giverny. Then I think I could die happy.
- What is the best advice you ever had? “Know yourself first. Fall in love later.”
- Beach or mountains and why? Oy, I have to choose?! Right now I’d have to say beach, because I’d love to bring a book with me and relax and enjoy some sunshine. But since my family is from Germany, mountains were a big part of the backdrop and they’ll always hold a special place in my heart (and there’s nothing like that “landluft,” or country air, as my opa used to say).
- What actor/actress would you want to play you in the movie about your life? Drew Barrymore. LOVE her.
- What is your most positive attribute? I have been told that I have a pretty sunny disposition. Which I’m also told is sometimes really annoying. Bite me.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Always in transition. I hope that in five years I’ll still find inspiration from my surroundings, from my everyday experiences, and from a life in movement.
- Where is your most favorite place to visit? Sacre Coeur basilica in Paris. I sent myself a postcard from this spot a few years ago when I went on a trip with my dad.
- What is your favorite quote? See photograph.
- What is your favorite blog post? Oh, this one. Happy emotions and goosebumps when I read and relive those moments. Well, not so much the bad dates, but the best first date I ever had.