Good morning, sunshines and welcome to the weekend. This week was challenging so I’m happy to let it go and embrace my vacation next week (I can’t remember the last time I took a day off but probably when I had Mila April 2020 so it’s time lol). Next week we will be in Mystic, CT, and I hope to have some fun stories from the road. Bryan and I really need this—between Mila’s sleep struggles, feeling overwhelmed by work and just generally disconnected from our relationship, I think some fresh air and new scenery will do us all a world of good.
Oh, and guess who got her period and shingles this week?? Anyway enough about that. Some happy!
- Getting to see some of my friends in Princeton, NJ. It was the first time they met Mila and it was good to get caught up again, I’ve missed them so much (and so cute to see our kids playing together)
- My new Sanuk flip flops. I can’t believe I went a full season without flippy floppys (thanks to my trusty Birkenstocks) but these are really the most comfortable ones you’ll ever own. This is my second pair and they’re made of all natural materials, machine washable, and straight up it’ll feel like you are walking on clouds. Sharing an affiliate link if you want to treat yourself
- Mila snuggles. As challenging as the early morning wake ups and no naps have been, I love when she reaches out to me and settles into my chest
- TikTok pasta, roasted brussel sprouts, and loaded lunch sammies—what a difference it makes to have food in the fridge
- Having my friend Heather come by this week and last to help with Mila. She is so helpful in every way and Mila absolutely adores playing with her. Win win
- Taking time to enjoy the simple things