(This was supposed to publish yesterday and so therefore some things might seem outdated already, but just go with it lol). Happy weekend, everyone!
You guys, I feel like I lived a very long life in a short week. It’s been hell. I’m exhausted–emotionally, physically, mentally. My job has been insane but it’s kind of reaching a breaking point. I think. There are a number of changes and I’ve heard the word “transition” thrown around a lot but a few things are certain: it appears we are all safe and that this period of total and complete tomfuckery is almost in our rearview. That said, there were a lot of really great moments from the week and I’d like to shift gears to focus on something other than work. Let’s dive in, shall we??
- My trip to Lake Hopatcong with my bestie last weekend. It was very short but much needed. Mila totally freaked night 1 but that’s to be expected. Poor peanut couldn’t settle and woke up a few times in hysterics. The second night was much better but there were some tears. Ultimately, it was a good experience and also please remind me to bring my white noise machine next time 🙂
- Ice cream for lunch
- Our AirBnB was adorable
- We visited the cutest little cafe right on the water where people could dock their boats/kayaks and come right in for caffeine/food. It was so quaint and sweet and I wanted to stay there forever
- New season of Virgin River (I haven’t watched in days, but I can’t wait to see how it ends. Don’t tell me!)
- Return to cooking. I’ve been lazy, but also takeout is so damn expensive
- Biting the bullet and getting an Uproot lint remover. I kept seeing the ads on FB and IG and dished the $20 to get rid of all the dog hair. I’ll report back and let you know if it’s worth it!
- This picture of Mila that melts my heart but also OMG why isn’t she so tiny anymore?? She looks like an actual little person! (I mean, I know she is, but you know what I mean!!)
- My neighborhood; I had a chat with one of the guys around the corner and mentioned that Bryan’s been on a beer sour kick and he handed me a beer to have Bryan try. I really love the sense of community we have here and I know I’ve said it before, but it’s really such a different vibe from places I’ve lived in the past. I’m so so happy we planted our roots here and will raise our daughter on the lake <3
And there you have it. My happy happy 🙂 You guys. I am going to a concert tonight! Pinch me. It’s been so long. Maybe I’ll cry! Or panic because there are so many people around, lol. I can’t wait even if it’ll be weird (I’m going to see Brandi Carlile for anyone curious). Anyone watching the Olympics? I’m hoping to tune in for a little bit.