Hey you guys! Happy happy Friday <3 AND WHAT A WEEK IT’S BEEN, right? Let’s dive in. So much happening!
- THE INAUGURATION. I didn’t realize how heavy a weight I carried until I heard Biden and Kamala get sworn in. And I loved everything about it! The music, the pageantry, the poetry, the fashions… I feel as though we’ve been deprived of so many cultural things (and I’m not just talking about from the White House… I mean, since the pandemic started), so the day felt like a special treat. I loved looking at what everyone was wearing and hearing voices sing again <3 and watching Kamala get sworn in was an incredibly proud and special moment I was happy to share with Mila (nevermind the glare!)
- Speaking of music, I’m downright obsessed with this mix of the song The Wellerman; I think it was my blogger friend Lecy who introduced me to this young Scottish kid who scored a record deal from his sea shanty TikTok videos. I dunno how many times I’ve listened to it today, but like. A lot a lot
- The friggin’ Bernie memes. My love of Bernie knows no bounds, so seeing images of him with his little mittens everywhere warmed my heart
- An order from American Eagle. I am wearing a sweater today that I’m downright obsessed with (with Mila and without so you can see how cozy it is!)
- Organic black chai tea with a splash of oat milk and agave syrup
- Helping to reunite a dog with its owner. Bryan takes full credit since he patiently waited outside with the pup and combed the streets looking for answers (lol). We were visiting my parents last weekend and a German shepherd still attached to his leash ended in my parent’s backyard. It was mass pandemonium with Mila crying and my parent’s dog Pedro barking but about 30 minutes later that dog found his way to his owners (my parents live off a busy road, so I was so happy for a good outcome!)
- The Night Stalker on Netflix. Have you seen it? That is some crazy ish right there, you guys
- Getting back to cooking and feeding some new things to Mila who is eating so well now! She’s tried pasta with brussel sprouts, a sweet potato curry, two-ingredient banana pancakes, hummus on toast, etc. I’m sure there are more foods in the mix, and she’s been eating all of them!
Okay, back to work. Mila is with her grandma for the afternoon and I feel like someone cut out my heart 🙁 But I am able to get work done so there’s that. Sending all my love to you guys, and hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend ahead!