This is a sponsored post with Onorato Landscaping.
If I had my way, we would have had the holiday decorations up weeks ago (like right after Halloween). Is that crazy? Who knows anymore. It’s 2020, and there are no rules. Besides, looking at tinsel and decorative pillows makes me happy, dammit! Thanks to Onorato Landscaping for today’s guest post–I’ll be back at it tomorrow (fingers crossed!) with my monthly goals for December. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Warm up the fireplace and grab a cup of hot cocoa and your plush blanket because it’s time to start decorating your home for the holidays! There are so many Pinterest-worthy ideas to help give your home a toasty, comfy makeover this holiday season with easy fixes, expert tips, and simple upgrades. Below are a few ideas to help!
- Candles: One way to add a cozy element to your home is by adding candles. This is a classic way to add a joyous mood to your home. A large group of 15 pillar candles at various heights is great for your dining table. You can also place them around your home to create an ambiance that makes the room feel cozy and comfortable. When it comes to fragrance, you’ll want to think of what is in season like spice and apple in the fall or pine in the winter.
- Replace Throw Pillows: Decorative pillows can also make your home cozy for the holiday season. Replace the lightweight cottons and linens with chunky and warm textures like plaid, velvet, or knit. Add a few accent items such as cozy throws on the arm of a chair or even oversized knit blankets on the bottom of your tree in place of a tree skirt for dimension and warmth.
- Landscaping: Don’t forget about the outside of your home when it comes to decorating. If your lawn needs sprucing up, be sure to call in the professionals to help. Onorato Landscaping offers incredible lawn care service in the Bergen County area. Mar Onorato has always had the gift of helping people with their landscaping designs and needs. He listens to what his clients are looking for and brings a unique look and feel to landscape designs for any front or backyard. Once your landscaping is to your liking, you can showcase it with various colored or white lights for the holidays!
- Bring Nature Inside: A super simple and budget-friendly idea is to simply head outdoors and collect a few elements like greenery or a group of curly branches. Add orchids, lilies, or orchids to display on a silver tray. Try filling a crockpot with birch logs, evergreen clippings, and crisp red berries. These can be a great way to add some new scents to the home as well! You could also try adding logs near the fireplace, birch logs in the corner of your guest room, or a Christmas tree to your bedroom.
- Light It Up: Lights don’t have to be just for outside decor; you can also drape your doorways with them as well. I love adding greenery and long garlands over the doorway of my front entryway and in the kitchen. You can then string twinkle lights intertwined throughout the greenery as well. This is another simple and easy way to add coziness to your home. I also like to add cozy lights around the mantle of our fireplace as well or behind headboards in my children’s room so they can enjoy the coziness as well.
If you’re starting to feel a bit overwhelmed, perhaps just take a room or two to start decorating with. Adding just a few small touches can make a huge difference! I like to add a ladder near the couch to keep blankets on, a few mugs near a hot cocoa bar for guests to enjoy, and some birch logs in the corner of a bedroom with slippers and a robe.