Hello, sweet friends! This was a particularly long week for me but I’m glad to see the weekend just on the horizon. Not that I have anything crazy doin’, but I’d like to not work for a solid 48 hours, catch up on some sleep (sleep training is exhausting, y’all), snuggle with the kids, get some fresh air, maybe finish my book. What’s on your agenda? Let’s dive in to this week’s grateful, a practice my friends Lindsay and Beth started many moons ago, and one I’d like to continue because it’s nice to look back and give thanks for the little things. Here’s my happy!
- An afternoon all to myself! Bryan took Mila to visit his parents and I barely knew what to do with my time. I mean, I had to work but I did run some errands and had an uninterrupted work call. I want a do-over!
- Getting our Christmas cards done (they are so cute, you guys. Want one? Send me your address!)
- Delicious crockpot meals
- The Queen’s Gambit (have Netflix? Go binge this weekend)
- Discovering a new hair product that literally has saved my dry and dead hair (working on a beauty roundup which I hope to publish next week—stay tuned!)
- A sweet conversation with my dad; we haven’t always had the best relationship but we chatted about The Queen’s Gambit and how we’re both feeling sad about the holidays
- Updates from our former foster pup. He is so loved and thriving in his home ❤️ his parents thought he might need surgery but the issue resolved itself which is always a wonderful thing!
- Having enough points for a $75 Macy’s gift card–I treated myself to two new sweaters, a cardigan, my usual brow pencil, and undies
- Paying off $7,000+ in debt over the past two months. That is not a typo. We refinanced on our home late September and took $5K cash out which we split evenly. I saved up whatever I would have paid out for two months’ worth of mortgage payments and made credit card payments throughout those 60 days, whenever I had any extra left over (from work, freelance gigs, blog stuffs, etc.). Sometimes slow and steady does win the race
I have a call in a few minutes so should wrap this up, but want to wish you all a beautiful weekend ahead! Can’t wait to catch up with you all!! XO