Happy Friday the 13th, y’all! Are you superstitious like me? How was your week? Things are coming along here. It was very busy with work and Mila has been getting up earlier than usual some days so I’m functioning on a lot of coffee lately. Speaking of which, I’m now craving a seasonal coffee. What’s Dunkin’ offering up these days?
In case you’re new here: welcome! Each Friday I share my gratitude for the week. It’s a nice way to look back and give thanks for little victories. Don’t forget to stop by and show some love to Lindsay and Beth! Here are my favorites from the week:
- The news of a new president. I’m not paying mind to claims of voter fraud, but count every ballot again and again if need be. So excited to welcome a new administration—and a rescue dog!—to the White House
- A Zoom happy hour with my girlfriends. It’s a new setting for us—pre-pandemic you could typically find us laughing loudly in a midtown sushi restaurant but given the circumstances, this was a wonderful way to reconnect and catch up
- A day at the park with my friend and our girls—three babies under three in total! The sun was shining, the Biden/Harris news had just been announced, and the day was simply perfect. It was a far cry from how we used to hang out in loud, crowded bars but I wouldn’t have it any other way ❤️ also thanks to her for helping me with my stroller and discovering an unopened package of tomatoes in the trunk of my car lol
- Mila’s photo shoot. She did so good (this was our second attempt because she screamed through the first)! Bryan, the photographer, and I were jumping up and down like crazy people but I guess that’s what you do when you are trying to get a baby’s attention
- Fresh baked olive bread from a farm stand called Fresh Pickins. Somehow I spent $60 on tomatoes, cheese, bread, and empanadas. I have no regrets
- Time in the kitchen (I’m weird and have really loved getting back to the basics during quarantine). This week I made banana bread, lemon and parmesan pan-fried brussel sprouts, vegan chorizo stuffed tacos, and a delicious tortellini, tomato, and spinach crockpot soup
- Hearing my friend’s happy news. It’s hers to share, but my heart is so over-the-moon and excited for her <3
- Paying off a significant amount of debt. I’m not out of the woods yet, but I’m confident I can have my credit card paid in full by Christmas… THAT will be such a good feeling
- Mild, sunshine filled fall days (granted we’ve had a string of rainy days but you know. We take what we can get here in dirty Jerzy)
What’s making your heart happy this Friday? Let me know in the comments!