Hello, sweet peas! If all goes well, I’ll actually publish this post before 5pm this evening, ha! Did everyone have a good week? Do anything exciting? Did anyone take advantage of any Prime Day deals (if you did, please let me know what tickled your fancy in the comments!)? Personally, I’m kind of over the hype to be honest and I always feel this strange urge to splurge but I tend to just stock up on things I need around the house. Boring!
Anyway, let’s dive in to some gratitude for the week!
- The circle of strong women I have surrounding me—this week, one of my friends tested negative for breast cancer (hallelujah!) and another is doing something very courageous and brave today. I consider myself so lucky to be in the company of women who have the ability to find humor and light in the midst of much darkness ❤️ I am so much stronger because of THEM
- Surviving the week. It was so busy with work and life and sponsored content… making it to Friday seems like a really big accomplishment today
- The comments I get on my posts. They mean so much to me
- This little one
- Delicious Mexican takeout. WE FOUND A PLACE!!! Since I moved to Rockaway, I’ve had a hard time finding my go-to Mexican spot, BUT! Thanks to the pandemic and Uber Eats, we’ve discovered a delightful place in Morristown called Tacoria–YUM!
- Exercising my right to vote. Of course, it looks a bit different this year and dropping off my ballot felt a bit anticlimactic without a sticker or any kind of fanfare, but if ever there was a time to rock the vote… THIS IS IT
- Creative Halloween decor in the neighborhood. This one is my favorite and we see it every night on our walks
- Sunny skies and changing leaves
- Getting out to run errands. I realize that’s not an exciting bullet but a break from being tethered to something/someone was much needed (and I really loved taking a drive with the windows open)