I’m trying to keep things simple these days which impacts just about everything in my life, including these monthly goals. I don’t want these posts to feel like a chore and would much rather prioritize smaller, manageable tasks than crazy lofty goals I’ll kick myself for not achieving each month. It’s all about managing expectations, you guys. Right now, I think we could all do with a bit of grace, because WE ARE DOING IT. WE ARE LIVING THROUGH A PANDEMIC. And sometimes half ass is still better than no ass. Or something. Anyway, let’s get started!
Last month I set out to achieve the following:
Put the phone down more often to spend quality time with the family–DONE. I like this one so much, I’m adding it back in for October 🙂
- Finish the book Eight Perfect Murders.–NEIN. Whomp. I actually had to return it to the library because it was terribly overdue. Maybe next time!
More family fun activities–DONE! We had friends over, visited family (including my cousin’s family; it was the first time they met Mila), we dined outdoors, went to the park and farm, and attended a community-wide garage sale.
Survey says: 2/3. Not too shabby, right? Let’s dive into some goals for October:
- Various projects around the house—sort office, organize pantry, and bring some of the outside plants indoors. I know nothing about gardening so this should be a fun experiment
- Make a sizable credit card payment. We are in the process of refinancing on our home which means we’ll close this week and can defer our October payment. I’d love to pay off as much credit card debt as possible
- Minimal screen time. As I mentioned above, I really liked the addition of this one last month and hope to continue the momentum in October
- Finish a book? That seems lofty but I’ll add it as a bonus goal
What’s on your list of goals for October? Let me know below (or add your blog link so I can stop by and read!). XOXO