I have this quote leaning against the wall in the kitchen. How did this happen? Already halfway through the month of September? It’s crazy how fast the time flies. I’d say we’re having fun but I don’t want to overplay my hand. Is that the expression? My brain feels mushy today. Squish.
Anyway, you’re here because I’m sharing goals for September. Let’s take a quick look back at August to see what (if any!) progress I made on those goals first.
- Continue with the 10% Happier meditation challenge. <I was really gung ho about this as I was doing the challenge, and then I let it fall by the wayside. I really do strongly suggest everyone download this app though. If you have 10 minutes a day to spare, you’ll find yourself in a blissful state of calm and relaxation and I think we could all benefit from this right about now
Do at least one pandemic-friendly activity each week as a family.<I had to look back at my camera roll for this one because I couldn’t remember! Here are some memorable highlights from August:
-Trip to the lake
-Attend a memorial service for our friend’s aunt. This was the first time we ever had a night out without Mila; it was a beautiful day, a gorgeous ceremony, and we enjoyed spending time with friends <3
-Had Bryan’s family over
- Try to incorporate more reading/writing every day. I also want to dust off and use my planner more regularly. <I have been using my planner more regularly but not for budgeting which is something I’d like to start doing. Reading/writing I have been doing a bit more of, but truthfully, I am so spent by the end of the day that I don’t really feel I can cross this one off.
So final verdict: 1/3.
SHAB CITY, you guys. But you know what? I have no regrets. Looking back–August was a pretty spectacular month <3
Here are some goals I’d like to accomplish in September:
- Put the phone down more often to spend quality time with the family; I’m really guilty of checking emails obsessively and texting with friends (which I think is healthy, especially during a pandemic when I don’t get much face to face). But I also recognize that I’m pulled away from Mila a lot during these times–especially where reading emails is concerned
- Finish the book Eight Perfect Murders (I’d love to set a goal of reading more books, but I also want to remain realistic)
- More family fun activities–Bryan and I are thinking of taking Mila to the sunflower field and a farm… maybe one more lake trip if the weather allows. Trying to soak up the season for all it’s worth and take advantage of any and all activities where we can practice safe social distancing.
What’s on your goals list for the month of September? Let me know in the comments!