Let’s pretend it’s still Friday and I’m not totally late for this week’s gratitude list, shall we? Lindsay is away for the weekend (HURRAY!), Beth has taken a temporary leave from blogging but returning with exciting news soon (!!!), and we’ve nixed our Friday linkups. It doesn’t mean we aren’t still showing each other support and sharing our happy moments from the week–but the linkup that used to appear at the bottom is no more. To quote the great Linda Richman: “no big whoop.”
Let’s look back on the week that was and give thanks for the things that were (huh?!).
- The 10% Happier meditation app a friend recently recommended to me. Admittedly, sometimes I forget to meditate every day (even though I get the reminders! I literally have no excuse) but these are wonderful quick little attitude boosts that I didn’t realize I needed during these crazy times
- Bryan and I are in the process of refinancing on our home. We have put it off long enough, but with interest rates so low, this is a great opportunity to save a bit over time. We are even considering taking out a cash loan to pay off our combined credit card debt
- Mila had a really great four-month pediatrician appointment (I really need to stop saying “vet” but it just comes out and that’s a sign I’ve been a dog owner all my life). These appointments tend to be stressful since Bryan still isn’t allowed in with me and I have to come armed with all the questions but our little sprout is growing (83rd percentile for weight!) and I have some great info to help me make informed decisions. That’s the best I can hope for, right?
- The Netflix show I’m Sorry; have you heard of it? I laughed my ass off in the first episode and it just gets better. Weird humor, written by comedians. Go watch!
- Cooler nights, which make for
- Nice walks with the family and chats with neighbors
- Keeping our lights on during the recent storm that came through. I was very worried about the freezer full of breastmilk going bad—that’s at least two weeks worth of food!
- The crazy sale going on at Express—up to 80% off! I found a really cute black jumpsuit that I desperately want to wear on a date night, camo pants, a camo shirt (unintentionally went with a theme lol), and a white blouse–just over $50, including shipping! Unfortunately the camo top is a wee too small so I gave it to my mom’s friend’s daughter. I may do a recap in a blog post if I can get my ish together this month
- Saving my tomato plant! I did some research after discovering that a few of my tomatoes were developing something known as blossom end rot, which is actually preventable with calcium. Unfortunately, a calcium supplement intended to rescue soil would take too long to get delivered from Amazon BUT I learned crushed Tums would do the trick and my ‘maters look so happy and healthy now! (#littlethings)
And there you have my happy. Let me know what’s making you smile today, and I can’t wait to catch up with you all. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!