Happy new month, you guys! How are you feeeeeeeeeelin’?
The other day Bryan turns to me and says, “what day is your birthday again?” So I gave him a blank stare and he goes, “I’M KIDDING. You’ve only mentioned it to me 1,000 times in the past 3 days!” So apparently I’ve been going on and on about turning 40. But you know what? Surprisingly, I feel really GOOD about tomorrow. I guess it’ll happen whether I like it or not, and I see good things in my future so time for me to man up and accept the day and the blessings that a new year will bring. I am ready.
That said, let’s look back at March to see how I did with reaching my goals.
- Book it already (so you can stop seeing this each month, ha!) – YAS, QUEEN. Errrrr, I mean, yes. Yes, I did this. We are going to Berlin! WHOOP WHOOP! If you have suggestions on places to go, eat, and see, let me know in the comments!
- Continue reaching 10k steps 3-4 times a week; also use the exercise bike in our house at least once a week; go the gym 2x a week – like, kinda? I mean, I’ve been really upping my steps lately, but the bike and gym is still a lukewarm effort at best
- Cook at least 3 meals each week at home – YES! I did! I had to put this on the list because we’ve been spending a buttload of money on food lately, so this is good for our wallets and our bellies 🙂
- Go on more playdates with friends. I’ve been feeling so cooped up lately and time with girls is always good for the soul <3 — I did this! I should mention the REALLY weird Museum of Interesting Things that my bestie, her GF, Bryan, and I went to on Sunday, but I still don’t have the words to describe how bizarre the experience really was. Piece of advice: save your money, BUT go to Chloe’s and get a sprinkle cookie (#yourewelcome).
As I look to the month ahead, I want to keep it simple. Here are some things I’m hoping to accomplish. Let me know yours in the comments OR link up with us below!
- See my friends individually. I kept going back and forth on whether or not I wanted a big to-do for my 40. Honestly? I really don’t. BUT I have a lot of girlfriends and I want to see ‘em all, so I’m going to make more plans with people and already have some things lined up for the next few weeks
- Dedicate more time to writing, because it’s important and something I love to do
- Organize things in the house that don’t yet have a place. We have a bookcase in the dining room, which will stay there until we can move a piece of furniture into the shed, but in the meantime, I want to be able to locate things easily which is a problem right now. Raise your head if you need a treasure map to find your extra phone chargers?
And that’s IT! Short and sweet. I think I can manage it this month and then next month it’s vacation and hopefully we’ll take in another foster because omg the house is so lonely without a pup around! Stay tuned; tomorrow I have a fun post planned–40 in 40. I have been working on it for some time, and would love to hear from you.