I had absolutely no intention of taking a full week off of blogging (for anyone who uses their online platform as a source of income, this is career suicide), but the break was necessary and I don’t apologize for any of it.
SO let’s focus on some happy and grateful things of the week, shall we?
- Mom’s health is constantly improving. She’s been taking longer walks, spending time with her family and friends, and will be out of work for a full month. I’ve been chatting with her nearly every night and she sounds so much better—it’s amazing what a week can do
- Having the chance to see my brother and his girlfriend for a vegetarian lunch yesterday. They are in the process of moving to Miami from Orlando area so I don’t have the chance to see them often–it was wonderful to see them both
- The Olympics. I don’t mean to be glued to the TV every night but I can’t help myself when I see gymnastics or swimming
- Sausage Fest. It’s rare Bryan and I can both agree on a movie, but Seth Rogan is my hall pass and it looks hysterical so hopefully we can make it this weekend
- Little patches of rain—after weeks of humid, hot, sticky temps, it’s a nice reprieve to feel droplets on a morning doggie walk
- Having the chance to catch up with friends and family over the next few weeks—for brunch and drinks and dinner. There’s nothing like eating and drinking outside on a cool, summer evening. Now we just need a cool, summer evening, ha!