You ever have one of those days where you know full well that it’s in the 70s outside, but indoors you’re shaking and wearing 17 layers of clothing that just aren’t warm enough? I really hope to Buddha I’m not coming down with something because it’s my birthday weekend and I have a tentative date to drag Bryan to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding part two and he’s promised to take me shoe shopping.
Which brings me to a very serious question for you all: if you had just one fashionable pair of kicks to lug around with you on a trip to Holland where you know you’ll be doing a lot of walking, which ones do you bring (preference given to vegan brands)? Please weigh in in the comments below—I was considering Converse but am wondering how well they’ll hold up after hours of aimless wandering and if they’ll even be comfortable for this kind of trip.
- Late night walks to the park and around town with Bryan and Buster. It’s my favorite quiet time of the day and a nice chance for us to connect without a TV in the way
- An early gift from my brother from Uncommon Goods. I have been so good about NOT opening it, but it’s just staring at me and I’m not sure I can wait the two days (sorry, Dan!)
- New reading material! I have just started reading #GirlBoss and I like it so far. I know there have been many mixed reviews, but I tend to gravitate to business books written by smart, self-made women
- Great surprises in our Easter baskets this year. Mr. Bunny totally hooked us up with round trip airport vouchers. Who knew he had those kinds of connections?
- Learning that I’m actually really good at juggling many things at once
- Only ordering out one day this week—which is helping me stay on a healthy track AND save money before our trip.
Have you entered the Spring Giveaway? Hop to it—you only have two days left!